St Cuthbert’s Presbyterian Church was built in 1891 in the heart of Holy Island village for a congregation consisting mainly of fishermen and their families.
In 1972, along with the majority of the Presbyterian Church of England, St Cuthbert’s became part of the newly formed United Reformed Church.
By the 1990s the local congregation had dwindled and the Northern Synod of the URC began to seek a renewed vision for the church’s future.
The building has been redeveloped in a way that honours the heritage of the past, whilst providing versatile facilities to meet the needs of many different visitors. The latest work provided the Centre with additional, and improved, toilet facilities; a much more user-friendly stair to the mezzanine area; additional storage for coats, etc.; repairs to the outer doors and new inner doors to keep the heat in for user groups; and much improved the Bothy.
Find out here more about our ministry.